Who We Are
Listed below are examples of our activities and commitment to the stewardship of God’s resources.
- A liturgy that is based both in the roots of the Episcopal Church as well as being open to local expressions of worship.
A vibrant and progressive music program which includes:
- A full choir comfortable with traditional to contemporary music
- A two octave set of hand bells used in a choir setting and special events
- A new Rogers Allegiant two manual drawknob organ
Strong pastural outreach and participation:
- Strong program of pastoral visitation to homebound and hospitalized members.
- Active participation in the Woodlawn Ecumenical Council.
- Shared services and events with other local congregations.
- Participation in the Patapsco Valley Regional Council
Sponsorship of several special outreach events each year;
- May flower market and plant sale
- Fall yard sale featuring a St. Mary’s “You Name the Price” table.
- Preparation of a parish based sustainability strategy to put into practice the responsible management of our resources.
- An active Vestry that reflects the variety of interest and talents of our congregation
- A dedicated Alter Guild that cares of the many historical service related artifacts, vestments and preparation for services.
By no means is this an exhaustive list of the activities that St. Mary’s embraces. Our dedication is expressed in many and varied ways often given quietly by members of our parish
Mission of the church
St. Mary’s Church is a family congregation where with God’s help, we take care of each other, enabling us to reach out to the world in the name of Jesus Christ, sharing the fellowship of God’s love.